The Office of Administration and Personnel provides a broad range of administrative, fiscal, and management support to the dean and faculty of the Graduate School of Education. This support includes:
- monitoring all incoming and outgoing financial transactions related to accounts and research grant accounts, including maintaining a central computer database for accounts, preparing periodic budget statements and reports, and reconciling all accounts;
- compiling and analyzing data for inclusion in GSE reports;
- supervising federally funded college work-study students and type IV employees;
- preparing payroll appointment forms for all faculty, staff, and part-time lecturers;
- fulfilling point-of-contact duties regarding various university benefits for all faculty and staff as department benefits representatives;
- overseeing the operation and maintenance of dean’s office equipment; and
- preparing budgets with and for research grant faculty.
Please note that we are responsible for the GSE’s business and financial matters; the office is not responsible for students’ financial matters. If you are a student and need assistance with a financial matter, contact the Office of Student and Academic Services for further information.
For information about reimbursement for work-related expenses or to download a current university Travel and Business Expense Report (TABER), please visit here.
Robert Allison – Senior Director of Finance and Administration
Bob is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the office which includes processes and policies governing:
- Human Resources – Talent Acquisition and Staffing
- Finance and Business Administration (including Grants Administration)
- Information Technology Direction and Process Improvement
Melissa Thomas – Personnel Manager
- HR Onboarding: Faculty, Staff, Teaching & Graduate Assistants & Graduate Fellows
- Job Postings: Faculty, Staff & Student Workers
- Job Search Coordinator: Staff
- NTT Faculty Evaluations and Reappointments
- Confidential HR Inquiries and Concerns
- Performance Evaluations – Aligned & Non-Aligned
- GSE Social Committees (Coffee Connection, Walking Club, Birthday Club)
- Offboarding / Exit Interviews
Olivia Walker – HR Administrative Assistant
- Offer Letters: Staff (FT & PT), Part Time Lecturers, Teaching and Graduate Assistants, Graduate Fellows and Non-Teaching CoAd Appointments
- Onboarding Student Workers (FWS & non-FWS)
- I-9 processing for all new hires
- Hourly Payroll Entry
- General HR Inquires
FINANCE AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Vallarine Paytner – Business Manager
- Manages the state, designated, gifts and endowment fund accounts for the GSE.
- Manages, tracks and reconciles salary expenditures and non-salary expenditures for all non-grant GSE funds. This includes oversight of budget responsibility for departmental funds, reviewing and approving TABERs, transferring F&A returns, preparing purchase orders, paying outstanding invoices, approving all requisitions and journal entries.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in contract administration (i.e – Service Provider Agreements) and training on business functions to business office administrators.
- In addition, she provides a variety of ad hoc business services such as analysis and budgeting of financial data for operating funds and preparation of reports.
Jennifer Manson – Business Specialist
- Provides assistance with all business operations for all non-grants accounts. This includes reviewing reimbursements, transferring F&A returns, preparing purchase orders, paying outstanding invoices, requisitions and journal entries.
- Serves as a second subject matter expert in contract administration and providing training on business functions to GSE administrators.
- Handles any needed payroll commitment accounting and to provide support on ad hoc business services such as analysis, account reconciliation and preparation of reports.
Brian Boxer – Facilities Coordinator
- First point of contact for facilities and building maintenance issues, keys and GSE building access requests.
- Works with departments to make sure GSE maintenance and facility issues are tracked and communicated with University offices in a timely fashion.
Terri Bolla – Grant Manager
- Facilitates the pre-award, post-award and the close out processes for all grants processed in the GSE.
- Assists faculty with budgets, justifications and sponsor forms and enters data into University grants database (RAPSS) and external sponsor grants submission systems.
- Sets up the awards, reconciles, and approves all TABERs, requisitions and journal entries for grant accounts.
- Serves as the liaison between the faculty members and The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and The Division of Grant and Contract Accounting (the university offices responsible for preaward and post-award research administration).
GSE Human Resources:
GSE Business Office:
GSE Grants and Contracts: