Office of Student and Academic Services

The Office of Student and Academic Services is overseen by the Senior Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management and Academic Affairs and functions as the primary student contact for activities and information concerning:

  • Program requirements
  • Status of applications to GSE
  • Academic affairs (dissertation guidelines, adding/dropping courses)
  • Reinstatement (after a lapse in enrollment)
  • Student life concerns (accessibility, discrimination, harassment)
  • Financial aid
  • Graduation requirements and dates
  • Appeals (applications, grades)
  • Student grievances

Our goal is to provide the most helpful and efficient service possible under the current conditions.

Our Team

  • Amy Wollock, JD, MBA, MA – Senior Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and Academic Affairs
  • Matt Winkler, EdD – Assistant Dean for Advisement
  • Marie Pavelchak – Senior Student Program Coordinator
  • Trevor Johnson – Administrative Coordinator
  • Ken Tufo, Jr. – Student Counselor
  • KerriAnn Mattaliano – Program Coordinator

Advising is Available

To schedule an appointment, contact the advisor listed for your area of interest:

While we are still part-time in a remote capacity, Ken Tufo is offering a variety of advising options to meet the needs of our students. If you would like to schedule a one-on-one advising appointment either in person, over zoom, or on the phone, please email Ken Tufo directly at He can thoroughly review your records and create a program plan for you.

Dr. Winkler is offering virtual walk-in advising hours for prospective students in Doctoral Education (Ph.D. in Education, Ph.D in Higher Education., and Ed.D.) and non-teacher-Ed Master’s Programs as well as the Education as a Social Science Minor on Mondays 2:30-4:30 PM. Please use the zoom link below and passcode. If you would prefer to schedule a one-on-one advising appointment, please email Dr. Winkler directly at

Upcoming Events

5-Year and Post-baccalaureate Teacher Certification program Info Sessions:

  • Tuesday 7/9, 3:00-4:00 PM on Zoom
  • Tuesday 8/13, 3:00-4:00 PM on Zoom


Per the Graduate School of Education’s policy on Continuous Enrollment, “All students in degree programs must maintain status in the school by registering each fall and spring semester in coursework, research, dissertation study, or Matriculation Continued. Students who fail to maintain continuous registration in one of these areas must apply for reinstatement if they are to continue in good standing. Such students are charged an amount at least equal to the cost of registering for Matriculation Continued for each semester in which they failed to register.

If you were in a degree program and neglected to register for a fall or spring semester, you will need to be approved for reinstatement before you will be able to continue with your program of study. Please download and fill out the Reinstatement Form, then email a completed copy to our office at

We will contact your advisor (and department chair, if needed) on your behalf to obtain permission for reinstatement. After receiving a response, we will contact you with the results of your reinstatement request and instructions on submitting your check for the reinstatement fee. Upon receipt of your reinstatement fee, we will contact the Graduate Registrar’s office on your behalf and reactivate your status as an active student.

We will contact you as soon as we have confirmation of your reinstatement from the Graduate Registrar’s office, and will assist you with course selection.

Useful Links

Teacher Certification and Endorsement Programs

OSAS is also the source for information about teacher certification and endorsement programs in a variety of subject areas. The GSE’s teacher certification programs cover areas such as:

  • Dance
  • Early childhood
  • Elementary education
  • English/English as a Second Language (ESL)
  • World language
  • Mathematics
  • Science
  • Social studies
  • Special education

Application Materials and Status

Initial application materials for GSE programs are obtained from the university’s Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions, but application status and program questions should be directed to OSAS staff.

Here to Help

We try to publish as much information about the above topics as possible on this website, but if you have a question that is not covered or need further clarification, please email us or call us at 848-932-3232.

Please accept our thanks and best wishes as you pursue your academic goals here at the GSE.

National Accreditation

The Graduate School of Education (GSE) at Rutgers University serves as the lead partner for all programs at Rutgers – New Brunswick that lead to an educational license through the New Jersey Department of Education. Our programs for educators are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The School Counseling Program is accredited through Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Click here for more info about CAEP and CACREP accreditation at Rutgers.

Take the Next Step
Rutgers is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to direct suggestions, comments, or complaints concerning any accessibility issues with Rutgers websites to or complete the Report Accessibility Barrier / Provide Feedback form.

Copyright © 2024 Rutgers GSE
Scroll to Top