Pass/No Credit Grading Option for Students for the Spring 2020 Semester
Due to the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, the University is offering all students the Pass/No Credit grading option for the Spring 2020 semester.
Below is the official GSE Policy for the Pass/No Credit option:
• GSE students enrolled in graduate level classes (15:xxx:xxx) or in undergraduate courses (05:300:xxx) that are an approved requirement of their degree program, have the option to switch their grading modality from a letter grade to Pass/No Credit for any Spring 2020 class. The “P” grade replaces the A, B, C, letter grades. The “NC” grade replaces the “F” letter grade.
• Students may choose the P/NC option for the Spring 2020 semester only. Students will be allowed to make this choice through Friday, May 22, 2020 – one week after final grades have been submitted.
• “P” grades will count toward the credits required for the degree or non-degree program, but they will not enter into the GPA calculations.
• The policy for Pass/NC grades for undergraduate students enrolled in GSE courses will be governed by the university’s policy for undergraduate grading.
• The P/NC option should be evaluated very carefully by the student. Please consult with your advisor, the program coordinator, or doctoral director before choosing the P/NC option as there may be ramifications related to choosing P/NC.
• GSE graduate students have the option to withdraw from any Spring 2020 course, with advisor approval, until May 1, 2020 provided it does not risk the student’s visa or financial aid.
Please note that this is OPTIONAL – students who want to keep their letter grade will of course be allowed to do so, and you do not have to do anything to make that happen.
Faculty and instructors DO NOT have the authority to change your grade to Pass/No Credit when grading rosters. Do not ask your instructor for a Pass/No Credit grade.
This process is initiated by the student using the My Grades Widget on your myrutgers page.
Please note that you have until May 22nd to make this decision. This means you will be able to view your final grade(s) for your course(s) prior to making this decision on your myrutgers page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.