• Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• American Educational Research Association, Division K
• American Educational Research Association, Division G
• National Council for the Social Studies, College and University Faculty Assembly
• Society for Community Research and Action
Research Work With Students
Using ethnographic research methodology, I examine the ways that race, class, gender, and sexuality position individuals within the sociocultural context of schools. Critical, feminist, and postmodern theory provide frameworks for me to understand the discourse and practices that preserve or disrupt inequity in schooling. I am particularly interested in the role of teachers in disrupting oppressive discourse and practice and working toward emancipatory teaching. To this end, I utilize participatory action research in my work with teachers to critically examine their practice.
Copyright © 2023 Rutgers GSE